Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Baby It's FREEZING outside!

Well...It's January in the Midwest!  Not one week back to school and we have a cancellation!  You'd think for snow, but alas...for wind chills down to -25!

So while I was looking forward to having a few hours to work ALONE, clean, organize and maybe hit the gym, I'm STUCK.  Stuck at home with three crazy boys who desperately want to go outside and play.

Boys: "Mom! We're going outside to build an igloo."
Me: "You can't. It's too cold."
Boys: "We will wear a coat!"
Me. "You can't. It's too cold."
Boys: "But we'll wear a hat and gloves and put on 4 pair of underwear!"
Me. "Great. Who's doing the laundry?  You can't go outside.  You'll die."
Boys: "Why do the cats get to go outside?"
Me. (Thinking...good question!)  "So they don't pee in the house!"
Boys: "But we want to go outside."
Me. "I'll get arrested if I let you outside.  Want some candy?"

Kill me!  What's even BETTER?  My husband is traveling, so I get to administer to cabin fever relief  all alone.  Wonderful.

So while I keep warm inside, and keep the boys from killing themselves and each other, I battle boredom by working on my mascara biz!  I decided to make a little video today, to capture all the wonderful results of our mascara (and to divert myself from the inevitable mess my boys have made upstairs and down!).

http://flipagram.com/f/OpehBYf46L

If you've been curious, I sell Younique's 3D fiber lash mascara.  I've never sold a thing in my life, but I still GIGGLE every day when I put it on because I can't believe the results!

Before I started with Younique, I had SERIOUSLY contemplated getting mink eyelash extensions!  $300 a pop with $50 fills every two weeks.  Yikes!  Even if I HAD the money...I'd never be able to sit still! What a waste of time!!!  So...enter in Younique! My friend had an online party (this same frigid time last year), and I decided to give it a whirl!  I mean, for $99.00 I got $400 worth of make up and some extra cash!

I had NO idea, that this little adventure would turn into a HUGE career!  Less than a year in, I have well over 1500 women and men on my team and I achieved the highest promotion level in the company!  Not only that, I've cruised with 150 of my friends (paid for by the company), gone to Dallas for convention, and attended an elite training at the owner's home and lodge in Utah!

So...if you are like me, stuck at home this boring winter, wondering what to do...join the fun!  I'm so glad I did!  My only regret is I didn't learn about this opportunity earlier!  The extra income has allowed my family SOOOO many blessings from vacations, new windows to having extra time to play!

If you'd been looking for something NEW...check it out:  www.lesliesluxelashes.com

Ok...back to mom duty!  Hopefully this winter is SHORT!

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment