Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Yes...Today is a school day!

Winter.  Blah.  Winter mornings.  Double Blah.  Every morning, my two little ones ask: "Is today a school day?" When told "yes," they promptly fly into various fits, feign illnesses and outright HIDE from me.  I'm not kidding.  It takes me a full hour to get the buggers into the car with hats, gloves, coats backpacks and shoes.  Meanwhile, my oldest is hiding playing mind craft and similarly evading my urges to get in the darn car!

Trying to get them all in the car and to school on time is like trying to nail jello to the wall!  Winters are the worst though.  Snow, cold, and 4 day weekend holidays make getting back on track with the "school schedule," nearly impossible!

Today was super special. My youngest flung himself, his backpack and coat onto the floor of the school at the top of the stairs.  Students were stepping over him.  I looked on with awe, despair and sheer amazement at his level of determination.  I long for the days where I can literally "drop off" the kids without having to go into the school.  Especially in the bitter cold.  The last thing I want to be doing is trying to negotiate with a 5 and 6 year old outside in the frigid air!

So yes...today is a school day! Thank goodness!  I need time to work, clean and get things done! Plus, now that I'm over 40, this gal has got to get her booty to the gym!  Those pot pies aren't going to burn themselves off on their own!

Speaking of "work" (I purposefully use quotations, because playing with makeup and my friends doesn't seem like work), I'm preparing to head on over to the United Kingdom! Whoop! WHAT?  Yes! I'm headed over to train and coach my UK team!  This little mascara gig keeps getting better and better!!!

If you haven't tried the mascara, or checked out my company, you NEED to!  Seriously.  With the incentive cruise to Jamaica and points for joining, now really is...THE TIME!!!  In case you don't know where to go to check it all out, here is my link: www.lesliesluxelashes.com

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store!!!!!






xoxoxoxoxo,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment